Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cabin Fever!!

We had a great mini vaca this past weekend. We went up to my parent's cabin in Huntington Lake and celebrated my birthday, Eric's birthday, and of course the 4th of July!! It was some what of a nostalgic trip for me to bring my kids up there for the first time. Since I can remember we have been going up to the cabin every summer; that's how us Freeman's camp!! It was my mom's parents cabin, which she spent many summers at, and now we had the pleasure to take our kids!! For going on a vaca with kids, I think it has been the most relaxing since. There is not a lot of people, our dock is in a small cove and it is just so peaceful!! On Friday my mom rented a house boat for us to cruise around the lake on. The weather was beautiful, it was relaxing, and the kids had a blast!! Here we go...Takin' it all in!
Daddy and his princess! Isn't it beautiful?
The kids definitely were into helping Daddy driveThe Girlies!
Captain B totally in his element!
My mom was very patient with Kaden wanting to fish and hold it all by himself. If you have trolled before you know it takes some strength, sorry dude, maybe when you're older!As my Dad always told us, I made my fish lips and...that's right a fish!! There is a certain thrill you get after catching a fish. They were really biting that day. I caught one more that made it right up to the boat but then got off, an another while reeling in. I could've fished for hours!!Sushi?!? Yuck, I preferred mine cooked! We did in fact BBQ them that night and had a fish fry! (Same fish, I only caught 1)Harmony's proud fish of the day. We're glad she was there, she is the master gutter! Eric also shared in the luck that day!
The kids enjoyed the hammock; they loved to swing.Can't believe I'm already 24. Married for almost 5 years with 2 kids, who would've thought!! German Chocolate Cake...MY FAV!!
Grammy, Maddy and her pine cone she couldn't separate with!
She is too cute for words, although that is a pretty goofy smile!
On Friday night we went on the infamous walk to the Dam. It is quite a walk and we did it without strollers! I can't express how peaceful it is! Is is such a small lake it never gets much traffic.
Breathe taking...the scenery that is!That's my big boy!! So cute!The kids had so much fun playing in the water and sand. It was nice for them to play in the water and not have to worry about the waves. Also, I forget how refreshing fresh water is!!I swear you can't feel a thing when your a kid. This water is literally melted snow. There is a stream the feeds into this cove that comes straight from snow! The wussy dad's had wetsuits, gloves, and booties on and said it was still cold! :) I remember swimming in it for hours when I was a kid, now my toes get wet!
Happy 4th!! The girls in their matching 4th outfits. Unfortunately, there can be no fireworks in the mountains!!
Eric's B-day is on the 4th. Happy Birthday E-rock!!
That night the boys made a fire pit for us all to enjoy. It was a doozy of a pit I might add with comfy stumps!
Good hygiene girls!! This kept them busy while we packed up to leave!

It was a long trip home, but I'd have to say worth. We had a great time and can't wait to return soon!! Stay tuned for Bryce's Man-venture!!! (I'm waiting on some pics!)

4 comments:

The Millers said...

Looks like you guys had such a great time! What a fun tradition that cabin is. SO many memories! Glad you had a great birthday too! You're kids are just getting more and more darling too! Amazing watching them grow!

The Lehnick Family said...

Oh how fun! So many memories up there with you all! We are getting up there in a couple of weeks...so excited! Some of my favorite moments have been spent up there! Thanks for sharing all the pics...Your little ones are getting so big! They are adorable! I recognize Maddy's shirt in that last pic! I think that was Kaylee's! Love seeing the clothes being put to good use! love you guys!

Josh,Trish,Braden and Mackenzie said...

wow looks like you guys had a fabulous time. thats so awesome...happy birthday!

Felicity May said...

Tiffany:

Great post. I feel like I was there (minus the drive). Congrats on your 5th Anniversary. Rob